ASDAN CHINA Introduction
Vision and Values
ASDAN’s mission is to support the personal, social and vocational development of young people. We believe in a broad education that develops skills for learning, life and work.
We are a curriculum development organisation and a regulated awarding body. All of our programmes and qualifications are underpinned by a tried and tested approach to supporting the systematic development of key skills such as teamwork and leadership, problem solving and creative thinking, researching and presenting. Through the development of these skills, our courses instil in young people the resilience, personal effectiveness and wellbeing that are key to their future success.
In the UK, we are looking at how our courses can keep pace with the changes happening at work and in education. We want to make sure that our courses help students apply their knowledge and skills at work, at home, and in their communities. For me, this is the key learning challenge for modern, global life – and I look forward to continuing to work with colleagues at ASDAN China on it.
ASDAN ChinaASDAN China was founded in September 2011,and currently co-operates with 1,175 international schools and key schools in 67 cities. Up till 2021, more than 200,000 students participated in ASDAN China programs. ASDAN China currently cooperates with top international educational organizations and prestigious universities across the world, with the aim of introducing high quality education resources on subjects such as business, economics, mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering, information science, biology, leadership, social studies and art into China. ASDAN China hopes to connect after-class activities with school classes, and aims to help schools improve their overall extra curricular activities, by providing students with high quality educational resources.
ASDAN China has exclusive rights under licence to offer ASDAN qualifications and curriculum programmes to centres and young people in the Peoples Republic of China. ASDAN China is entitled to make use of the ASDAN logo and reaches an agreement on branding with ASDAN UK.
ASDAN China's Vision and Values
Our PurposeASDAN China's charitable purpose is: "The advancement of education, by providing opportunities for all learners to develop their personal and social attributes and levels of achievement through ASDAN China awards and resources, and the relief of poverty, where poverty inhibits such opportunities for learners."
Our Mission and VisionASDAN China rewards learners' success in a range of skills and settings from Entry level to University entrance.
Our Educational Values
- Providing opportunities for all to achieve quality education
- Promoting personal and social development
- Celebrating systematic and progressive recognition of achievement
- Promoting assessment for learning
- Supporting personalized learning
Our Organizational Values
- People matter:Our aim is to operate ASDAN China as a socially responsible organization, and one which values, supports,uses and develops the skills and talents of all of its staff.
- Supporting teachers:We aim to work closely with educators in formal and non-formal settings and to support them in their work putting our educational values into practice with learners.
- Independent:We are not beholden to anyone. We are independent of government and work with all those involved in the education system to achieve our goals.
- Open:We aim to work without prejudice of any kind, learning from our experiences. We are proud of what we do, and we endeavour to communicate our work clearly and honestly.
- Accountable: We are responsible to those we exist to serve: learners, teachers, as well as to those who support our work. Professionally and financially, we are sound, scrupulous,efficient and effective.
Development Key Facts
|09/2011||ASDAN China was founded in Beijing, its aims is to introduce the best education resources to China, and to help schools build up a skilled-based education system and to advance after-class activities.|
|10/2011||Introduced the CoPE standard to China. Developed programs fit for Chinese students, through which they could gain 16 UCAS points.|
|02/2012||ASDAN Mini MBA Program started. Students visit famous establishments to learn how business and government affairs work in the US, the UK and the EU. Today, more than 3,800 students have participated in the Mini MBA program, and 55% of these students have obtained the CoPE certificate and the corresponding 16 UCAS Points.|
|09/2012||The first ASDAN teachers' conference held in Shanghai and Shenzhen. ASDAN China share with teachers about how to run skill-based activities in school, meanwhile allow teachers to learn from each other. This program was held in every September, and had been running for the past 4 years. Nearly 800 teachers from more than 150 schools attend the conference each year. From 2016 on, in order to involve more teachers, it has evolved to local level happening in move locations and with higher frequency.|
|10/2012||ASDAN Business Simulation started. ASDAN China held the program with international schools and key schools together nationwide. An advanced business simulation IT system is introduced, with real trading rules running in near-life simulation. 58 simulations have been held so far, with more than 8000 students participating.|
|02/2013||ASDAN Model United Nations Program started. We organized Chinese high school students to attend the NAIMUN, YMUN, HMUN and MITMUNC. Students participating in the program have the chance to receive the AoPE certificate and obtain 8 UCAS points. Held during the winter holiday, more than 1200 students have participated in the program so far.|
|03/2013||Key schools start to apply to be ASDAN Center, using ASDAN Programs enrich their in school activities. So far, there are 27 schools become ASDAN Centers.|
|06/2013||Start to develop an online learning platform for CoPE and AoPE, allowing for better preparation for online education in the future.|
|08/2014||The first ASDAN Math Tournament (China) is held in Beijing. The competition was co-hosted with SMT organizing committee, firstly introducing the team-based competition into China. More than 700 students from 120 different schools participated.|
|02/2015||ASDAN International Math Tournament Program started. Chinese high school students are organized to attend the Harvard-MIT Math Tournament and Stanford Math Tournament, with 180 students from 21 different schools participating.|
|04/2015||ASDAN China form a strategic partnership with the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT). ASDAN China introduced the PhysicsBowl for the first time. Nearly 4200 students attended the competition at 59 exam centres spread across 5 competition regions.|
|07/2015||ASDAN China becomes an official partner of the London International Youth Science Forum (LIYSF). LIYSF is one of the top high school science forums in the world. Students were given the chance to visit advanced labs in famous universities, scientific research institutions and several famous companies.|
|08/2015||The second ASDAN Math Tournament is held in Beijing. The combined effort of Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Princeton, Johns Hopkins and UC Berkeley Math Competition Committees for the first time, creating a unique team-based math competition. New exciting math concepts and competition rules were introduced, giving students the chance to enjoy these famous university-led math competitions in China.|
|03/2016||Become official partner with The Royal Society of Biology (RSB), we introduced the 'British Biology Olympiad' to China, and compete with 7000 British students for medals.|
|05/2016||Becoming USA biology Olympiad (USABO) as an official partner, we introduced the 'USA biology Olympiad' to China as BioOlympiad Initiative USA-China. Chinese students will compete with 10,000 American students.|
|08/2016||Inviting Poshen·Loh (the national coach of the USA International Mathematical Olypiad team) as a consultant for the ASDAN Math Tourament, giving teachers and students lectures and instructions about teaching and learning math.|
Job Description for Project China Posts
- Contribute to and lead conferences and seminars for education sector staff in China (mainly principals and teachers)
- Organise different programmes in China like business simulation events, mathematics tournaments, leadership training, and cultural study trips
- Design and deliver personal skills trainings
- Coach and assist client schools/organisations with their school/organisation activities
- Design and promote different educational programmes based on the market needs
- Assist with the recruitment of students to the international programmes through liaison with school principals, heads of sections and other key staff
- Organise and lead training for schools/staff/students about the international programmes
- Lead international programmes in UK/US/Europe (from 4 or 5 day trips, to a two week study tour)
- Coach students with their academic research during the study tours
- Check portfolios regularly on the trips and support students in completing their work
- Assist with the qualification assessment (CoPE and AoPE in particular)
- Design and promote new programmes appropriate for international schools
HighLights of the Job
- A great learning experience in Beijing: our office is close to the 2008 Olympic Park
- Based in China, but with the opportunity to lead programmes in UK/Europe/USA, as well as travelling to different cities in China
- An excellent opportunity to learn Chinese in a context where you will be living and working with Mandarin speakers (who are also all pretty fluent in English!)
- A young, passionate and international team, who make the most of every opportunity!
- Free accommodation is offered 10 minutes from the office
- Friendly and creative working environment within a flexible working culture
- Encouragement for entrepreneurship and creativity: if you can design a programme in your dream country, we will support you with financial back up and human resources!
- Willingness to commit for at least one year
- Good organizational and entrepreneurial skills
- Maturity and international experience
- Reliable, happy and flexible personality
- Fluent English (working language is English)
- Preferred: work experience in a project/business development environment
- Preferred: degree in Business/Economics
National Service Hotline（Mon. to Sun. 9:00-18:00）
Dial 1>Northern China: Heilongjiang、Jilin、Liaoning、Beijing、Tianjin、Shanxi、Shandong、Hebei、Henan、Inner Mongoria IM;
Dial 2>Eastern China: Shanghai、Jiangsu、Zhejiang;
Dial 3>Southern China: Guangdong、Guangxi、Fujian、Hainan;
Dial 4>Central West: Hubei、Hunan、Anhui、Jiangxi、Chongqing、Sichuan、Guizhou、Yunnan、Shaanxi、Xinjiang、Gansu、Qinghai、Tibet、Ningxia;
Dial 5>Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan regions and beyond
Address: 2F Media Building, Anwai Beiyuan No. 2 Courtyard, Chaoyang, Beijing China
Address: 3B07, Building 8, Fudan Software Park, No.561 Sanmen Road, Baoshan District
Address: 605 Building 4, 1970 Science & Technology Park ,Minkang Road , Longhua District, Shenzhen
Address: Room 1605-06, LIPPO TOWER NO.62 North Kehua Road, Wuhou District, Chengdu