— Welcome Letter —
— About Fitzwilliam College —
Fitzwilliam College is one of the 31 constituent colleges of the University of Cambridge. It was founded in 1869 specifically to broaden access to the University of Cambridge. It is a dynamic, welcoming international community committed to developing the talents of all its 750 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Fitzwilliam College sustains that tradition of ensuring that every student, whatever their background, can fulfill their potential and make the most of the incomparably rich opportunities offered here. This is also a forward-looking place, consistent with the College's motto of 'The Best of the Old and the New'. Most of its award-winning buildings date from the 1960s onwards, including some of the best student accommodation in Cambridge, a state-of-the-art auditorium and the Olisa Library.
— Introduction —
The Fitzwilliam College Online Programme is the official Winter School Programme of Fitzwilliam College in the University of Cambridge. All the courses will be taught by academic members of the University of Cambridge or one of its constituent colleges. The same academics who lecture and supervise the undergraduate students at Cambridge will teach you for university-level curriculum. The core of Fitzwilliam's academic activities is a desire to retain 'the best of the old', while enthusiastically embracing 'the best of the new'. Fitzwilliam has always been characterised by discussion, debate and creativity of ideas and full participation should form a positive, rewarding and sustainable part of an academic course. This programme is designed to provide students with a flavour of undergraduate study at Cambridge, and an opportunity to explore topics beyond what is covered within the school curriculum.
Starting in 2023, Fitzwilliam College and ASDAN China have entered into a strategic partnership to open the Fitzwilliam College Online School Programme to outstanding high school students in China. Nine subject areas were opened for the summer of 2023 and more than 110 students from across the country participated in the programme. In the winter of 2024, we are aiming to organise the next, even larger Winter School Programme!
— Why us？ —
— Programme Outcome —
- Students who attend at least 80% of the classes, write their essay and give their presentation will receive a certificate of completion by Fitzwilliam College.
- Each student will write an academic mini-research essay and receive individual feedback from the academic course instructor.
- Top 2 best performing students will receive an award certificate.
- The authors of the best 2 essays will receive a "Top Essay" certificate.
Certificate of Completion
Certificate of Execellence
— Teaching Faculty —
* Fitzwilliam College reserves the right to changes to the content of the courses or the course instructors.
|Monday to Friday
|10:00 - 11:30
|Extracurricular activity lead by bilingual TA
|11:30 - 15:00
|Individual study and assignment
|15:00 - 18:00
|Live Course by Cambridge academics
|19:00 - 20:00
|Office Hour (once a week)
* Course schedule may change at the discretion of Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge.
— Programme Information —
- Date: 3rd - 18th February, 2024 (All the courses offer 30h contact hours, but the exact teaching times will be released in mid January. Not all courses will take place at the same times.)
- Subject: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Biology, Neuroscience, Engineering, Mathematical Economics, Supramolecular Chemistry, History and Archaeology of Humanity
- Grade：10 - 12
- Admission quota: 10 - 15 high school students for each subject
- Method 1：Direct admission if any one of the following conditions is met
- Students who received B or above in ASDAN EPQ can be admitted directly;
- Global or national awards in various science assessments in ASDAN China;
- Individual applicants need to show their English language performance (IELTS level 6.5 or TOEFL 90) and A or above in a related subject;
- Method 2：Recommendation letter from an invited teacher (Each teacher can recommend up to two students)
- Method 3：If you do not meet the above criteria, you will be required to do a telephone interview in English with an ASDAN China teacher.