The biggest math League in the United States
More than 40 years of History，500 + Schools 、 70000 + Students Participation
There are different difficulties in different papers of grade 1-9
Individual GUTS,real time ranking display in the examination process
Different Grades will be awarded separately
Time: Nov. 25, 2023 (Saturday)
Continental Math League (CML)
CML was founded in 1980 by Joseph quartaro and Henry hull, two math coaches with more than 30 years of teaching experience.At that time, most of the math challenge in the United States were for high school students.But Joseph and Henry believe that if we can develop students’ mathematical thinking from an early age, they are more likely to become mathematicians and make greater contributions.CML attaches to the design of challenge content to satisfy the needs of more students,for example, each set of questions will have both difficult and simple questions.At the same time, in order to promote the school’s attention to mathematics and the communication between schools,CML decided to rank the school grades.We will select the best 6 students of each grade oto add up their scores, so as to represent the best scores of the school to rank the school.Different from the American Mathematics Competition (AMC) which emphasizes selection,CML emphasizes the beneficial supplement of in class teaching,stimulate interest in Mathematics。As a result, nearly 70000 people from more than 500 excellent junior and primary schools in the United States participate in CML every year.
Continental Math League
CML consists of 8 levels, grade 1 and grade 2 papers are the same, grade 3-9 papers are different
- Grade 1 -Grade 9
- CML China adopts the traditional wheel rules. Contestants will get 3-5 sets of questions (3 sets for grade 1-3 and 5 sets for grade 4-9). After finishing one set of questions, they can go to the next set of questions. The longest time to solve each set of questions is no more than 30 minutes. After students submit the answers to each set of questions, there will be a real-time ranking. The final ranking of students will be determined according to their grades and the speed of answering questions
- Grade 1-3: each papers has 3 sets of tests, each set of 6 questions needs 30 minutes to complete, 18 questions and 90 minutes.Same questions for grades 1-2.
- Grade 4-9: each papers has 5 sets of tests, each set of 6 questions needs 30 minutes to complete,30 questions and 150 minutes. Different questions for 4-9 grades respectively.
Chinese and English
Nov. 25, 2023 (Saturday)
- Grade 1-3: 9:00-10:30 (90 minutes)
- Grade 4-9: 9:00-11:30 (150 minutes)
- Multiple Choice and gap-filling questions
The activity is divided into eight difficulty levels, grade 1 and grade 2 papers are the same, grade 3-9 papers are different
- GUTS：After finishing one set of questions, they can go to the next set of questions. The longest time to solve each set of questions is no more than 30 minutes. After students submit the answers to each set of questions, there will be a real-time ranking. The final ranking of students will be determined according to their grades and the speed of answering questions
- Paper-based in partnering school
The results will be published within 6-8 weeks after the exam
|Global Awards：||Global School Awards: the highest 6 scores of each school are added up to the score of the school|
* Each Grade is awarded separately
Performance Report/ Award List
ASDAN EPQ Scholarship
Noted：The ASDAN Scholarship is only available to Year 10, 11 and 12 students for participating ASDAN Extended Project Qualification(EPQ). EPQ is recommended by the G5 group and many leading universities as a competitive academic experience. Scholarships cannot be exchanged for cash. For further details see:http://www.seedasdan.org/epq/。
Includes the exam fee,grading fee,certificates fee
Nov. 14, 2023
CML not allow the use of calculator.
If, for some reason, the student is unable to attend after paying the fee, please contact us. If you apply before the registration deadline, 25% of the registration fee will be deducted as academic materials and service fees. If you apply after the registration deadline, no refund will be given.