Canadian Open Mathematics Challenge (COMC)
Hosted by the Canadian Mathematical Society - one of the world's leading authorities in math
Canada's premier national mathematics challenge
The first round of selection for the IMO in Canada
Top candidates will be invited to write the Canadian Math Olympiad (CMO)
Beneficial for applying to universities to study science
Date: 29th October, 2022, Saturday, 10:00am-12:30pm (2hrs 30mins)
The Canadian Open Mathematics Challenge (COMC) is Canada's premier national mathematics challenge that is open to any student with an interest in and grasp of high school math. The purpose of the COMC is to encourage students to explore, discover, and learn more about mathematics and problem solving. COMC is hosted by CMS in Canada.
The Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS) was originally conceived in June 1945 as the Canadian Mathematical Congress. The goal of CMS is to promote and advance the discovery, learning and application of mathematics.
Official Website: cms.math.ca/Competitions/COMC
29th October, 2022, Saturday 10:00am-12:30pm (2hrs 30mins)
Consists of three sections:
- Four introductory questions worth 4 marks each.
- Four more challenging questions worth 6 marks each.
- Four long-form proof problems worth 10 marks each.
3 sections， 80 marks in total.
• Paper-based in partnering school
High school students (The student must be under 19 years of age as of June 30th of this year)
- Gold Award - International: the cut-off score in 2021 is 80
- Silver Award - International: the cut-off score in 2021 is 79
- Bronze Award - International: the cut-off score in 2021 is 78
- Honour Roll - International: the cut-off score in 2021 is 73
- Performance with Distinction: the cut-off score in 2021 is 42
- Performance with Honours: the cut-off score in 2021 is 29
- Gold: Top 10%
- Silver: Top 25%
- Bronze: Top 35%
- Regional Honourable Mention: Regional top 20%
(Students got the scores over requirement will be invited to write the Canadian Mathematical Olympiad (CMO))
Includes exam, grading, certificate, proctor fee, offline reference materials/ one-time online mock test, etc. (ASDAN doesn't provide any trainings)
19th October, 2022
ASDAN EPQ Scholarship
Noted：The ASDAN Scholarship is only available to Year 10, 11 and 12 students for participating ASDAN Extended Project Qualification(EPQ). EPQ is recommended by the G5 group and many leading universities as a competitive academic experience. Scholarships cannot be exchanged for cash. For further details see:http://www.seedasdan.org/epq/。
If, for some reason, the student is unable to attend after paying the fee, please contact us. If you apply before the registration deadline, 25% of the registration fee will be deducted as academic materials and service fees. If you apply after the registration deadline, no refund will be given.